Investment inward and outward
The A-Law team of attorneys and business practitioners offers you the best insights in investments in Belgium, Europe and the international markets in which A-Law is active. Investment is time, energy, or matter spent for the purposes of obtaining a positive expected return within a specified date or time frame. It is indispensable for project investors to identify and manage the risks related to the investment, protect same, and rely upon professionally conducted due diligence and regulatory compliance audits. Companies must guard that their proper inventions are not violated by third parties.
The most famous and successful investor of all times, Warren Buffett advised in numerous articles and interviews that choosing the right assets to invest in requires due diligence. Due diligence - also known as legal audit or risk assessment - needs to take into account the short and long term strategy of the company or asset audited.
The economic context of the investment should be looked upon in order to define the risks to be assessed. This pro-active approach will benefit A-Law customers as time can be reduced and fee budgets can be agreed upon.
A-Law provides due diligence, legal review, regulatory compliance, advisory and litigation services for all forms of investment in Belgium, Europe and the international markets in which we are active in matters of:
- Corporate Law (M&A/JV/PPP)
- Compliance audits
- Regulatory compliance : see also A-Law service on sale, commercial cooperation, trade, consumer protection, competition
- Due diligence
- Product entry assessment
- Market entry assessment
- Establishment of company
- Merger and acquisition
- Transfer of shares or assets, goodwill
- Commercial cooperation or partnership agreements
- Economic and Business Law
- Tax and Finance Law
- IP (intellectual property), IT (information technology) and TMT(technology, media and telecommunication) Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- European and International Law